Saturday 20 March 2010

The street where originality lives...

I have discovered recently that sneakers/trainers are a distinct love/not that bothered item of footwear. I think it is a fair assumption that almost everyone has at least one pair of trainers, even if said pair are just for sports purposes. Those with only one or two pairs typically have trainers for practical use and sheer comfort factor. However, there is a certain type of person for whom trainers are an aesthetically pleasing commodity which they buy multiples of. I am without a doubt THAT type of person. I have pumps, I have gym trainers, I have Converse, I have Vans, I have DCs. You name a casual footwear brand and it is almost guaranteed that at some point in my life I have been the proud owner of a pair of their trainers. Sure,  comfort definitely plays a large part in my purchase of them-a girl loves heels but that crippling feeling can only be endured for so long. There are also those days when I want to dress casually or, god forbid, wear mens clothing!
My most recent trainer purchase is all out boyish, street and, dare I say it, 'ghetto' (whatever that means these days). Men's Nike hi-tops. Black with check detailing.



I have officially been living in them. They are perfect for wearing with skinny jeans and a t-shirt, with leggings and oversized jumpers and I have even rocked them out with a body-con skirt and studded vest. 
The only problem is I already have my eyes on my next pair-addidas originals Ecstasy Hi Fafi designed by French street artist Fafi:



And to prove that I am not the only girl working the trainer look check out Whitney Port and Agyness Deyn (amongst a host of other super famous celebs) in the new Addidas originals ad:


No comments:

Post a Comment