Wednesday 17 March 2010

Stomp the Yard.

At the moment I seem to have a bit of an obsession with flat, lace-up worker boots. I don't know if it is related to the practical aspect of the boots, which seems relevant at the moment when all I'm doing is trekking back and and forth from the library, or if it is the tough, edgy 'don't mess with me' attitude which you seem to encapsulate when you wear them, but they are all I seem to want to wear! At the moment I only have traditional black patent DM's- perhaps a relic from my teenage 'alternative' days- but I have my eye on these pairs from high street stores:





These two pairs are from Urban Outfitters- the store which is always one-step ahead of the fashion game. I like the styles of these with the additional buckle detail and the slightly pointed toe.


A very traditional looking worker boot from Topshop- I like these, but they do remind me of the boots worn by the killer in horror films....perhaps not then.


































These two pairs are from ASOS- the top pair are 'in the style of Taylor Momsen', so instant cool factor- although the stud detailing would definitely have appealed to me anyway.

Worker boots seem to be all over young, hot hollywood at the moment. Seen on hot men from great bands like Jared Leto and Justin 'Bobby' Brescia (yes, he is in a band, Ed Stanley- and they're actually really quite good)



And everyone from Agyness Deyn, to Fearne Cotton and Rihanna is rocking the off-duty worker-boot look.




Key things here are to keep the top half short and sweet, the look works best with dresses,skirts and shorts- trousers just don't work, and leggings...well maybe if they're lace detail or with studs on the side-just watch out for over-doing it and looking like you're dressed up for Halloween. Either go all out with bare legs, or follow the lead of Fearne and Taylor with sheer tights and top-half layering. I'd also work in the accessories- a bowler hat like Fearne or a pair of aviator shades like Rihanna and Ashley Tisdale. Now I REALLY want to go shopping!








No comments:

Post a Comment