Monday 22 March 2010

Eternal sunshine of my very stressed mind

I was rudely awoken at the crack of dawn this morning by the postman repeatedly buzzing the doorbell. Now,  I'm usually extremely grumpy when I don't get enough sleep, but on this occasion I couldn't stay in a bad mood for long because a) the post delivery was for me, and b) it was a PRESENT!! There is nothing like a surprise gift to lift you out of dissertation-induced melancholy. My mum (bless her) is clearly far more attentive to my blog and generally far more amazing than I give her credit for because she bought me a pair of the Urban Outfitters worker boots which I blogged about a few days ago!! YAY!! Cue photographic frenzy of boot pictures which inevitably led to me trying on and photographing several of my current favourite things which are lifting my (generally pretty stressed) mood.



The boots. I cannot express how beautifully soft the leather is, it's a sure sign of how well-made they are.


Crazily bright floral patterned leggings from Topshop.


Purple fingerless lace gloves from Accessorize. A bit of a remnant from my Madonna/80s theme dress up from January but they make me smile when I wear them (especially when listening to Borderline or Dress You Up- two of the BEST old school Madonna tunes)



Teal fingerless leather gloves from Rome. These are the most exquisitely crafted, softest, most beautifully coloured gloves I've yet to encounter. Admittedly my black pair get worn a lot more for sheer practicality factor but these make me feel very hip as I'm working away (endlessly) on my dissertation.



Home-made lace headband. REALLY easy to make. Pop on down to John Lewis' haberdashery department (or anything similar nearby) and get a short length of lace (or any other fabric you fancy) and a stretch of elastic. Measure the lace to almost the full circumference of your head and attach a piece of elastic on the inside. Make sure you make it a little smaller than your head so the elastic can stretch and keep it in place.

 

Beaded white lace definitely called for a gothic photo.



Another headband favourite, this time bought from Topshop. You really can't go wrong with pearls and flowers in Spring. I've found that this headband also doubles as a really nice necklace when paired with a slightly longer strand of pearls for a layered look. Best worn with a simple camisole and high-waisted skater skirt come Summer.



The metallic shade of the flower definitely called for a sepia shot.
Yes, I was bored. Yes, I was also procrastinating from referencing.

1 comment: