Tuesday 23 March 2010

Dandy Diane

As I began a small internet browse of fashion sites/blogs/online shops I came across the images below from Vogue Germany April 2010. These images epitomise, for me, the height of black and white portrait photography. The stark background and close-up shots create a sense of intimacy, maybe even voyeurism,  and allow Diane's natural beauty to emanate through, unobstructed by excess make-up or hair styling. Her bone structure is just astounding-it is quite possible that she is one of the few women lucky enough to be graced with a perfectly symmetrical face. I could continue to rant about Diane's beauty and style in general, and in these photos in particular, but I will let them speak for themselves. Oh, and did I mention that the photographer was Karl Lagerfeld?? How talented can one man be?






No comments:

Post a Comment