Wednesday 31 March 2010

Life is a flower


If anyone needed the proof that a) florals for Spring were definitely a 2010 trend (groundbreaking) and b) that digitally manipulated images were the next big thing, then here it is- the newly announced winner of the Vogue/BFC Fashion Fund is Erdem Moralioglu!!!  Erdem is a relatively new designer, having only graduated from the Royal College of Art in 2004, but he has already won the approval of the fashion elite and the grande dame of international politics-Michelle Obama. I think the appeal of Erdem's clothes lies in their fresh femininity and, dare I say it, the sheer prettiness! Erdem designs symbolise the carefree nature of girlish youth but translated into a chicer, more sophisticated cut. An Erdem floral dress would be the perfect outfit for afternoon tea at the Ritz, a picnic in the gardens of Hampton Court or a romantic stroll through a quaintly historic town like Stratford-upon-Avon. To me, dresses like these represent the apex of womanhood but in that beautifully idealised way as envisaged by a young girl who looks up to her always so glamorous Mom. These are the types of dresses that I see myself wearing once I am a more mature Lady, with pearl studs in my ears, glossy hair pulled back into a loose ponytail, a cosmopolitan in my hand and a group of my favourite girlfriends chatting around me.

A lace detail coat-dress. Just add a parasol and some freshly-cut grass and it would be the perfect Spring afternoon.


Just so pretty- look at the floral print mary-janes!!!!


Florals for evening. This would be perfect for a sunset dinner in an open-air restaurant in Venice or Florence.

No comments:

Post a Comment