Tuesday 23 March 2010

Rocking the Air Guitar Solo

Today is a day for joyful celebration because I FINALLY handed in my Art History dissertation!! HUGH sigh of relief that it is done and dusted, but sadly as none of my housemates have handed theirs in yet I am left to enjoy my new-found freedom all on my own.
So, true to form, I spent the afternoon drinking coffee, eating freddos, looking through old magazines and re-designing my magazine inspiration collage.
For some reason I found myself in a bit of 80s rock/metal mood ssssooooo....

Cue appropriate soundtrack:
Aerosmith- Walk this way, Crazy and Cryin'
Queen- Crazy little thing called love, Bicycle and Don't stop me now
Guns 'n' Roses- Sweet child of mine, It's so easy and Mr Brownstone
Van Halen- Runnin' with the devil
Black Sabbath- Paranoid
Sex Pistols- Anarchy in the UK
and a bit of Pink Floyd and the Ramones.

Also cue appropriate dress in the form of an Alexander McQueen skull-print silk scarf worn as a headscarf:

Either worn tightly rolled up in a headband...

Or loosely rolled with all the extra material hanging over your shoulder in a more gypsy style...

Or tied up in in the traditional neck-scarf style...

Or wrapped around your wrist as I am currently wearing mine.

So, onto the magazine collage. This is what it looked like before:

Nice but very busy and girly. I'm making a conscious attempt to be a bit less cluttered and a bit more minimal in an attempt to clear my head ready for finals revision. I wanted to be a but more select with the choices for my new inspiration board- I wanted to focus on portrait photography with a lot of black and white shots. So here is the final result:

I'll take you in for a closer look:

This is the left section. Features the Balenciaga ad campaign with Jennifer Connelly from last fall, shots of Claudia Schiffer from a November Paris Vogue supermodels issue, a drawing by Alexander McQueen from a very old Elle, a Brittania Rules spread from a Telegraph fashion supplement last summer, a stunning photo of a redheaded model from Noise magazine, a picture of Erin Fetherston from Elle's Closet Confidential spread (right in the glare from the flash!), a black and white shot from a fall fashion spread in November Paris Vogue and a few photos of me and my friends.

The middle section. Features (from top downwards) more Claudia Schiffer from Paris Vogue plus a beautiful shot of Diane Kruger and (lower) a shot of Kate Moss from the same issue. Mary-Kate Olsen in a cowboy hat from a very old Elle spread, Chloe Sevigny (also from Elle), Sasha Pivovarova in a cyber-street look from an old Vogue, a picture of Kaya Scodelario in a seriously enviable leather jacket and some more photos of me and my friends.

The right section:  More shots from Paris Vogue (the beautiful blonde in leopard print, and the strawberry blonde in red), Chloe Sevigny from an Elle shoot, the Gucci ad shot from last fall, Fendi ad with Jessica Stam, Diane Kruger beauty shot from Tatler spread and more of my own photos.


No comments:

Post a Comment