Wednesday 3 March 2010

East meets West in a jumble of animal print, fur and brocade!!

I have always been a big fan of the eco-warrior/world traveller style and never so much as now when most of my friends who have already graduated are off exploring the far East and the depths of South America. So if I cannot have the first hand experience yet I might as well imitate the 'gap-year student look' whilst I am at home! I absolutely loved Marc Jacobs' collection for Louis Vuitton Spring 2009 ready to wear- especially the tasselled, beaded, wood and animal skin sandals (which were poorly imitated at River Island) but this season has brought a different look which I have absolutely fallen head over heels in love with.

I have previously disliked Roberto Cavalli's clothes for using animal print in a way that is both garish and cheap, but in the Fall 2010 ready to wear collection he surprised and delighted me with muted tones of leopard and zebra print on beautifully flowing maxi dresses and chunky furs. I love the heavily layered styling and the mixture of textures- who would have thought that brocade, velvet, fur and chiffon could all fuse together so perfectly in one look? This is modern boho-chic at its best- big, bold and really sexy. I also fell in love with the shoes and the make-up which was (in my opinion) a wearable version of the face paint from the Lion King theatre production! Love, love, LOVE it!!!


If this, as I think it is, is a washed out animal print jumpsuit then I am in heaven.


Loving the chubby fur with tapered chiffon harem pants.


Maxi dress, scarf, big cuffs and flat gladiator sandals- summer travel perfection!


A semi-pirate look- studded velvet jacket with gold piping detail- very heritage/Edwardian glamour.


Freja in brocade trousers!! Loving the open toe ankle boots.


How much does this coat look like a fabulous vintage-find that Carrie would wear c.season 2??

1 comment:

  1. AND the dress she wore in the movie when the girls went to the auction house.

    ReplyDelete