Saturday 23 January 2010

A sneak peak into my world...

I've never been one for bare walls. For one thing they're bare, boring, empty and let's face it you won't get excited or inspired by a patch of magnolia. My walls are never bare, they're a forever growing collage of photos, mementos, gig tickets and magazine clippings (I've also got about 4 boxes of magazine clippings that are constantly being looked at, sorted through and made notes from). So, here is a look at my uni walls....


This is on a big pin-board above my bed. The large black and white photo is a still from an old school Bollywood movie, there are magazine clippings of Gucci and Prada ad campaigns from last year, a few of my favourite models Rosie Huntingdon-Whitely and Sasha Pivovarova, of course a clip from the Elle spread with Mary-Kate Olsen, Tiffany rings, Manolo Blahniks, some photos of me and my friends plus a few shots from my art history trip to Paris last February.


These are part of one continuous collage across the wall opposite my bed and include the promotional poster from the V&A 'Golden Age of Couture' exhibition, some postcards, drawings, posters and more photos from Paris and a small oil painting from Prague, more photos of me and my friends, posters of two great paintings- Millais 'Ophelia' and Waterhouse 'The Lady of Shalott', plus a small fashion collage which includes pictures of Mary Kate Olsen, Nicole Richie, Fearne Cotton, Olivia Palermo, Mischa Barton and Julia Restoin-Roitfeld.


This collage is within a glass frame so sorry for the reflective light. More photos from Paris and pics of Mary-Kate Olsen, plus Christian Laboutin for Rodarte studded sandals, Nicholas Kirkwood sandals, Luella and Chanel bags, ticket stub from a flight to Dubai to see my model friend Jess Chudasama, and gig tickets for Kings of Leon and Projekt Revolution.
Just like me, a little mix of everything!!!




No comments:

Post a Comment