Saturday 9 January 2010

Anything you can do, we can do better

I have always been an advocate of women wearing so called 'mens' fashions- a trouser suit or tuxedo can look so effortlessly sexy or edgy on a woman, just ask Kate Moss, Angelina Jolie or Tilda Swinton. But being pretty young(ish) myself the suit look will have to wait. What I'm more interested in is mens streetwear style which I predict is going to be a big hit this season with girls, like me, on campus.

Alexander Wang, ever the maestro of models' off-duty looks, has reinvigorated american varsity sports uniform into a chic collection of mostly lightweight separates in my favourite colour scheme of black and greys.



What I'm hoping to achieve is a mix of Wang's sports chic with the style of who I think is one of the best dressed (and obviously gorgeous) male celebs- Jared Leto. In the video for his band, 30 seconds to mars, new video for 'Kings and Queens' (a truly epic song) he is rocking a classically cool look of hoodie, leather jacket, black jeans and seriously rad trainers.


I shall personally be testing out the hoodie and leather jacket look, but to girl it up a bit I've got an extra long grey hoodie from Uniqlo which I shall be wearing as a dress with tights (or bare legs when it actually gets warmer) and the traditional converse (until I get some sweet Nikes).

The look obviously has to be topped off with a pair of RayBan wayfarers or aviators- all the cool kids have them


.

No comments:

Post a Comment