Saturday 30 January 2010

Single-handedly keeping the economy afloat (and rinsing my student loan)

Today I have been out and about in the fabulous city of London, getting in some good retail therapy with my mum. Today's purchases include:
  • a peppermint green cashmere cardigan with leopard print collar. Recycled vintage from the downstairs boutique of Topshop on Oxford Street. Very 50s, I'm hoping to wear it with some sort of black shift dress- my housemate Sam has just ordered Mad Men on DVD so I'm going to take inspiration from the character January Jones plays- Betty Draper. I know this is set in the '60s but I'm going for the subversive prim look.
  • a Vero Moda neutral sleeveless tunic- it's double layered; cream stretch cotton tight fitting tank style top underneath with an overlay of sheer, floaty, pale mushroom fabric which I'm hoping will create a Valentino/Givenchy style ethereal image once I move about in it. I'll experiment with styling options once I'm back at Uni, it all depends on how short it is- as I am verging on 6ft things (annoyingly) tend to end up being a lot shorter than they were designed to be.
  • A chunky gold chain knot necklace from Oliver Bonas- it hangs down straight until boob level then has a swirl knot detail. I plan to wear it with my black zip up leggings and either one of my striped long tops or a slash neck black tshirt.
  • A khaki satin jumpsuit from Zara- bring on the glam utility look!
  • A navy and white striped long sleeved top with heavily gold beaded and appliqued shoulders from Zara- VERY much imitation Balmain but at approximately 0.000000001% of the price! BARGAIN!
  • Bumble and Bumble hair products- surf spray, thickening hair spray and tonic lotion. My hair is going through a current limp and lifeless stage- I'm trying to grow out my layers and so it has the appearance of being thicker but it seems that all hairdressers just want to chop away at it to make it look 'textured'- aka. shit.
  • A range of REN skincare products- mostly facemasks. Now that I am in final year and apparently all I do is study (and blog) I needed some pampering treats for when I spend my evenings watching tv and movies with the girls.
  • Magazines- 10, Elle collections and Nylon. Tried to buy the Paris Vogue Collections until the news-stand vendor asked me for £43- damn you importing costs!!!!
  • Chanel radiant glow highlighting powder (as blogged about below) plus the nailvarnish 'Inattendu'.
I shall try everything out and take photos asap!!!

1 comment:

  1. Bumble and Bumble is amaze. Im pretty sure my hair has actually died.

    ReplyDelete