Friday 8 January 2010

I will show you fear in a handful of dust

Welcome to my world. I thought I'd kick off the new year, new decade and all, by making my way forward into the blogging world of fashion, art and all things fierce.

I love eclectic, offbeat and strong fashion- mostly at the moment futuristic stuff like the sculptural forms at Alexander McQueen and graphic prints at Peter Pilotto, plus of course my fail safe look- black, tough, grunge. You can't go wrong with a leather jacket and some rosary beads.

My 3 great (current) inspirations are the young guns of mussed up fashion: Taylor Momsen, Alexa Chung and Mary-Kate Olsen. All a little bit quirky, a little bit tomboy and still a bit cheeky and adventurous. My kind of girl.






My dreamy xmas present, thanks Santa ;-), was a Nikon D3000 camera which i'm steadily learning to use. I'm renowned among my friendship group for being the resident paparazzo- clicking away to capture every moment. How will you remember the good times of youth if you don't have a hundred pictures of you and your girls pouting?! I'm going on a course soon to brush up my photography skills. I'm hoping that once I do I can start producing some amateur fashion shoots (with my gorgeous friends as models of course) to put my creative ideas out there. And what will my first shoots be?? Why, what else... a Miss Havisham inspired gothic romance, closely followed by an Eliot inspired futuristic, apocalyptic landscape. Watch this space...

No comments:

Post a Comment