Friday 11 June 2010

What's to come....

I have been so excited about finishing uni and entering the real world of work and responsibility that I don't think I ever took the time to wonder what a real job in the 'real' world would be like. Well, after my first full week of life commuting into the centre of London every day I can state with absolute certainty that it is hard. Extremely hard. And tiring. More tiring than I ever could have possibly imagined. From 6:30am starts to some days not leaving the office until past 10pm, frequently with many hours in between spent running around on errands, in front of a computer researching image references or cutting and sticking a million different pictures, the London day is a long one. Although the work has been tough and tiring I would not hesitate in saying that I've loved it. Perhaps not every minute, but the experience so far has definitely been rewarding. Compiling multiple reference boards for mood, beauty, location and art direction has made me realise that creative thinking is not just an immediate action, it requires forethought, planning, research and refining. Every day I'm learning more about the creative process and it really is fascinating. I have most definitely been inspired to plan some shoots of my own, even if it is only for personal enjoyment and never (or not in the immediate future) comes to fruition.
Although the work so far has been great it has meant that finding time for blogging during the week is extraordinarily difficult!!! When I get home at 7pm at the earliest all I want to do is shower, eat and then sleep which doesn't leave a lot of time for well researched and written blog posts! But rest assured I have plenty of material to update you with this weekend. Prepare for book, magazine and film reviews along with beauty and style icon profiles. I am also house hunting in Hoxton and Shoreditch tomorrow so I shall take along my camera and try and record the bustling life of the stylish residents!!

No comments:

Post a Comment