Thursday 24 June 2010

Express Yourself

There are a lot of things that were wrong with the 80s. Style wise the power suits were probably the worst. But in my eyes the best thing was Madonna; specifically her costumes for the Virgin Tour. Subtle these looks were not. It was all about excessive layering of both clothes and jewelry and a heck of a lot of attitude. No one epitomized and exuded the ethos of 80s dominant femininity and sexuality better than Madonna through her well documented image reinvention. As the Madonna themed Glee episode proved we are still just as in love with her image and her songs as ever and still find her an empowering role model for men and women alike.

I was feeling in a bit of an 80s mood today so threw on some leggings with my black and white print Madonna tshirt; hair in a side plait with my current favorite accessory- the panama hat. As I drove into the train station I had the Immaculate Collection playing at top volume through my car speakers and nothing has ever got me in such a good mood!! So in honor of the Queen of Pop and my ever-growing fascination with her 80s songs and outfits here are some of my favorite looks from that period:


Into the Groove and Cherish (along with the later song Frozen) will forever remain my favorite Madonna songs and in my top 10/20 songs of all time.

No comments:

Post a Comment