Tuesday 15 June 2010

I DIE, I DIE.


I am SSOO in love with these spine heeled boots from Dsquared's Fall 2010 collection. I'm sure you've seen them paraded around on bryanboy, seaofshoes and blondesalad but I just had to post them so that I can stare at their morbidly fascinating design. The shape is very much like the now iconic YSL trib twos, but the spine heel is a really interesting feature. It's creepy and gothic but also quite scientific too- it reminds me of the wave of political/environmental thought in some designers collections since awareness of global warming and other environmental issues has become more prominent. Remember McQueen's catwalk show which referenced Darwin and the impending extinction of endangered species by having an array of stuffed animals lining the runway?? It's like the Natural History Museum, Marilyn Manson and Victoria Beckham all rolled into one item of footwear.

3 comments:

  1. I saw these on another blog, LOVE them. I bet Gaga wears them soon.

    ReplyDelete
  2. hahaha I agree with redhead, I was going to say the same thing!
    That heel is bonkers-good bonkers of course.
    peace
    prettyneons

    ReplyDelete
  3. They are super amazing but for pretty much £1000!!!!!! DONT THINK SO.

    ReplyDelete