Wednesday 2 June 2010

The love affair continues....

I had thought that it was near impossible for the SS10 Miu Miu collection to get any cuter and more desirable. The collection already features both twee and provocative prints, diamante embellishments, sheer panelling and silk fabric. The ad campaign could not have featured a more appropriate model for such a nostalgic and girly collection: Lindsey Wixson- the most perfect doll-faced beauty with large round eyes and a full rosebud mouth.


I love the styling by Joe McKenna and hair by Luigi Murenu which makes Lindsey look like a lanky little schoolgirl who has dressed up in her mom's shoes and then found herself becoming a curious and subtly sensual young woman.

My love for this Miu Miu collection grew tenfold when I discovered that they had extended their aesthetic of quirky childhood nostalgia to the bags. Not only do some of the small purses feature the Miu Miu prints but there is a larger bag which is a poetic ode to a schoolgirl's youth: the backpack. I am certain that the current vogue for geek-chic satchels and backpacks will be yet another transient phase in the ephemeral world of fashion but that does not deter me from wanting to have one, especially one in super soft navy leather with gold detailing. I couldn't find a photo online of the exact version which I saw in Galleries Lafayette in Paris but I did find two very similar Miu Miu versions which I am lusting after with no less passion:




No comments:

Post a Comment