Sunday 2 May 2010

Walking on a cloud...

I have found, as I'm sure most women have, that in moments of self doubt and melancholy an instant pick me up can be found in a new pair of shoes. The higher and more extravagantly girly, the better. It's that fantasy element related to childhood memories of Cinderella, her glass slipper and the happy ever after ending that comes from finding your Prince Charming, or better still having him find you.

In one of my mid-revision internet breaks I came across a shot on bryanboy of Henry Holland's collaboration with Charlotte Olympia:


The extreme (up to 6 inches) wedge heel makes these heels extraordinarily impractical but I love the graphic contrast of the monochrome pair. I can imagine how fantastic they would look with black skinny jeans or leggings, or come Summer with a graphic print playsuit or denim short dungarees.

I progressed from this picture to a broad search through the web for other Charlotte Olympia designs and came across these beauteous pairs of heels:



Margo leather pumps with hidden platform- the peppermint colour of these reminds me of macaroons from Laduree.


Margo python pumps (I'm hoping these aren't real python)- seriously super luxe but still a lot of fun.

Suede and nappa pumps. I love the two-tone colour pop of these pumps. Bright and fun but still in a classic style.


Dolly leather platform pumps- the classic leopard print reworked with  a slight sheen, a wave heel and block front-platform.


Ziggy leather ankle boots- I have been lusting after these for months now! Even though they are reduced in the net-a-porter sale they are still far beyond my price range!!


Eve ankle boots- I love the maple leaf laser cut out of this design, although I think the high stiletto heel would make them extremely painful to walk in. For seated dinner dates only!

2 comments:

  1. That last pair is fantastic! What I wouldn't give for a new pair of shoes....

    ReplyDelete
  2. Right I want 'em all haha !

    peace
    prettyneons

    ReplyDelete