Thursday 27 May 2010

It's all just a bit of fun!

As SATC 2 premieres tonight and my movie companion book arrived yesterday I am fixated with all things SATC fashion. The companion book is AMAZING. There are set design details, behind the scenes stories and interviews with the cast which only served to heighten my sense of anticipation and excitement for seeing the movie on Friday! I have looked at a few reviews online which are less than encouraging but I am still not dissuaded. SATC is meant to be fun!! It's a series, and a film, intended to awaken a sense of female camaraderie and carefree frivolity. I watch the show to be stunned by the eccentric fashion choices, entertained by the dramatic sexual escapades of Samantha and moved by the sense of limitless love and understanding between the four women. It is not meant to be a realistic documentary or thought-provoking drama: IT'S LIGHT ENTERTAINMENT!! So, go with it.

One of the labels which has come up again and again in the companion guide is the diffusion line Halston Heritage, the line to which Sarah Jessica Parker has been signed as designer. Some of the first pictures from the sequel to be released were of the opening sequence when Carrie steps out in the white Halston dress and bejewelled Louboutin court shoes, looking like a vision of pure stylish simplicity:


Other Halston dresses which appear in the film are this gorgeous metallic detail tiered electric blue dress:


A rich tangerine tiered maxi dress:



And this asymmetric draped dusky pink mini dress:



I love the simplicity and classic nature of the Halston aesthetic. The clothes are chic and fashionable but yet also timeless and incredibly flattering. Such pieces would be excellent wardrobe staples for Summer (if you had several hundred pounds to spare), but I am sure there will be high street versions emerging very shortly.
Other great pieces from the Halston line (off Net-A-Porter) are this silk-satin electric blue playsuit:


This metallic linen blend blazer:



And this gorgeous black sequin vest:



I simply cannot wait to see what all the girls will be wearing in the film and I am especially intrigued to see the designs Sarah Jessica Parker will produce during her time with the Halston label....

3 comments:

  1. i am so so excited to see this!! the clothes will be jawdropping:)
    x
    mel

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yay for SATC day! Unfortunately I have no friends here and will have to wait til next week. But I can just imagine it. LOVE that glittery waistcoat.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'll give you a brief and non-spoiling review after I've been to the 5pm showing!!

    ReplyDelete