Monday 17 May 2010

The glitz and glamour of life in Venice

Well, of course I can't help but also post my top four womenswear looks from the Chanel Resort 2010 collection....


I adore the metallic shorts and the enormous collar neckpiece is both divine and an elegant reference to the Venetian glass which the area is so famed for. I couldn't find any detailed photos of the make-up which is a shame because the girls all have deeply metallic smoky eyes which I would love to test out.




I love the inventiveness of transforming the traditional Chanel tweed suit into something subversively sexy. The high-waisted skirt which could otherwise look frumpy or dowdy is reinvigorated by being teamed with just a small black bra top, large necklace and the jacket casually resting over the shoulders (this is apparently a key new way to wear your jackets ladies so take note!)




Chanel does metallic mini-skirts. It sounds trashy but the sheer Victoriana style blouse keeps it demure yet interesting. I love the loose drape of the metallic cardigan and the traditional pearls are a classic. I also strangely love the fringed gladiator flats- it really shouldn't work with such a glamorous outfit but it kind of does.




I was head over heels in love with this sheer bed-jacket until I saw a photo of Christina Aguilera performing on Oprah wearing it with thigh high boots. Sadly my image of this wondrous creation is now tainted by slutty associations. If you just marvel at it in its intended catwalk incarnation then it is still a luxury piece.

1 comment: