Monday 17 May 2010

I'm Back!!!

OMG finals are over. My life, four years, at University is now over. I can finally enter the real, non-student, world and start to climb my way up the ladder of the fashion industry. I have felt so disconnected from stylish living since the last month and longer has been spent 9 am to 6/7 pm working in the library, non stop poring over books and revision notes.
So, what to do with myself now??
This week is my official chill out week. I need to take a break from books and watch films, GO SHOPPING, sort out my gradball dress and shoes (Reiss dusty pink prom dress I think...) and organize the multiple piles of magazines under my bed.
Shopping wise I am on a mission to buy a few new pieces to update my wardrobe, bringing it firmly into a more summery aesthetic. I am looking for:

  • white leather converse or similar plain white pumps.
  • a pair of shorts- either floral or utility style.
  • a brown leather belt- I already have a plaited leather one but I am looking for a smooth one with a vintage-esque big buckle.
  • possibly a new playsuit to make up for the one I ripped last summer... long story.
  • a new denim shirt as the one I already have is too pale.
I am sure I will pick up a multitude of other, non-essential, items. I am going tomorrow so I will update you on my finds!

So, what after my week of relaxation?
I will start applying to jobs and arranging the dates for my work experience this summer. I need to go house hunting with some of my university friends for a flat/house in Clapham in London. Hopefully I will be living in the city from September/October!! (Well, that's the dream plan anyway!!)
Then on the bank holiday weekend at the end of May I am off to Paris for a long weekend with my family. I want to make another visit to the eighteenth-century sculpture gallery in the Louvre, I want to stroll through the Tuilleries gardens and the Jardin de Luxembourg, I want to strut down the Champs Elysees and most importantly, make a visit to Chanel.
Exciting times ahead!!

2 comments:

  1. omg congrast! tha is amazing:) now you have time to chill and tink, and just live...i cant wait till that me.. paris sounds awesoem too, and tose fahsion purchaces, whish it was summer here:S have a great week
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks so much!! I'll be back to updating daily now so keep checking back! Xx

    ReplyDelete