Wednesday 19 May 2010

Dramas and Dilemmas

I'm having a bit of a hair dilemma. I have an appointment booked for 10:30am tomorrow at Tony and Guy and as per usual cannot decide what to get done. Much to the dismay of my hairdresser who continues to laugh at me for attempting to grow my shoulder length fine hair long, I shall only be getting the length trimmed but as for style and colour? Still undecided. I have possibly the shortest attention span ever when it comes to hairstyles. I have been short, long, mid-length, layers, all-one-length, fringe, no fringe, black, red, chestnut brown, peroxide blonde and subtly golden. I shall probably be avoiding a drastic colour change (the last time I did it I think I nearly induced my mum to have a heart attack) but that still leaves some room for change on shades of blonde.
I can't decide whether to go for various light golden highlights a la Hilary Duff:


Or whether to embrace the bleach and go all-out peroxide white like Taylor Momsen:



It basically comes down to whether I'm trying to have the natural look or in your face 'fashion style'. Unlike Hilary Duff and other golden maned goddesses like Blake Lively and Olivia Palermo (pre-brown dye) I am not gifted with a thick, long mane nor a naturally beautiful face- it requires a fair amount of make-up to get me looking half decent. So perhaps the 'edgy' look would be better?
Then there's the decision of whether to have my blunt fringe cut back in, like Momsen, (at the moment it's in the side swept stage) or to grow it out and go back to having an all one length, long bob a la Gwyneth Paltrow:



Aaahh decisions, decisions. At the end of the day I will probably decide what to do as I sit down into the chair, and I will most likely ask for something completely different next time I go in about two months time. Oh well, such is the joy of being a fickle girl.

2 comments:

  1. GET THE TAYLOR MOMSEN. One of us has to.

    ReplyDelete
  2. i am indeed now white blonde!!! growing the fringe out though so I'm just sporting the sweeping side fringe look at the moment!!

    ReplyDelete