Friday 28 May 2010

A little piece of Paris...


In honour of all things SATC and also all things Paris (I'm leaving tomorrow!! Yippee!) I wanted to celebrate one of my favourite accessories from the first film: the Timmy Woods' Eiffel Tower bag. It appears in one of the opening scenes, when Carrie and Big are apartment hunting, and is fairly small so unless you saw stills from the film you may not have seen it. It is made of wood with a glossy varnish in a perfect replica of the shape and design of the iconic Parisian landmark.



As you can see it opens with a small plastic latch at the top and splits in half to reveal a drawstring cotton interior.



Although extremely cute it is hardly practical as even with only an iphone and a Chanel lipstick in it cannot close! It is most definitely a beautiful collectors showpiece and something I will treasure as a memento of the film.

SO, I am off to Paris tomorrow for four days of sightseeing, shopping, eating and drinking! I shall try and post while I'm out there but I don't know how great the internet service will be. But rest assured I have two cameras with me and will be snapping everything in sight! Prepare for an extensive photo diary upon my return!!

1 comment: