Tuesday 27 April 2010

Wishes, wishes, wishes

On my rounds of fashion blog browsing this morning I came across these amazing shots of Kate Lanphear (Style director of US Elle) on jak&jil. Not only does Kate Lanphear have impeccable glam grunge/rock style but she was sporting some seriously hardcore wrist and finger jewellery which I am in awe of.



Since my last ever student loan happily added multiple figures to my bank balance I have spent many an hour browsing through internet shopping sites and contemplating what I could spend my money on (obviously the option of just saving my money or spending it on academically useful items did not occur to me. I am a shopping addict)
The first things which sprung up on the wish-list were obviously hand-bags, closely followed by shoes. All items would use up my loan in one or two goes, so not exactly a conscientious use of government provided funds.

First wishlist item is the Chloe Marcie large leather hobo bag. It is sold out on net-a-porter thank god. Crisis averted.

Next is the Miu Miu large Vitello leather tote- another practical but timeless leather handbag.

Then there's the Miu Miu satin platform pumps. Generally anything Miu Miu would be fantastic, I loved everything from the S/S collection.


bryanboy tweeted this pic of a gorgeous sequined Miu Miu bag earlier today- I AM IN LOVE.

But unfortunately as I shall be entering the real adult world of jobs, rent and responsibilities in less than a month I really need to improve my management of my finances and learn to stop spending my money on unnecessary material goods. I may really want a Chloe/Miu Miu handbag and feel that it would complete my life/wardrobe but the sad fact is that isn't true. It is a startling possibility that at some point in the future I may have to choose between handbags and food, and sadly (as I quite like to eat) the food (or bills) will win.
For now I shall make wish lists of more affordable, Kate Lanphear inspired, items like these seriously cool and yet affordable bracelets from ASOS:



No comments:

Post a Comment