Saturday 24 April 2010

Retail Therapy

The last few months (well really since last September) have been incredibly stressful and tiring. Being a final year joint honours student requires so much more work than I ever anticipated, and because I am an arts student (joint English and At History) there is SSOO much reading to do! It never ends! But with each day I crawl closer and closer to the end of the tunnel, to the beaming light that is graduation and the real world. May 15th. That is when it is all over. 3 weeks from today.
So, like any stressed out female with a shopping addiction I have been assuaging my mental turmoil by purchasing totally unnecessary items of clothing online. The technology revolution is fantastic in so many ways but catastrophically destructive to your bank account when you can buy anything and everything at the click of a button. My most recent sites of expenditure have been Amazon (for fashion books and DVD box-sets-just got Generation Kill which is very thought provoking), Itunes (for episodes of Lost which I insist on buying so I can appreciate the silver fox that is Jack Shepherd/Matthew Fox) and Topshop (need I say more?).

You can't really appreciate the dusky pink, almost mushroom, sheen of this silk blouse in this quick snap which I took on my iphone. This is my first item of clothing which shall form the basis of the Spring soft tailoring pastels/neutrals look. I have yet to experiment with styling options because it hasn't been warm enough yet and I've mostly been throwing on a daily uniform of denim (jeans/shorts/skirt) and tshirts/plaid shirts for library study sessions. When you spend up to 8 hours straight sitting on your arse staring at books you want to be wearing something comfy!!



It arrived!! My dusty grey Topshop backpack!! The details online never mentioned that it was faux-leather which came as a nice surprise-it is super super soft. I think this shall definitely be my flight bag for my next vacation (which is likely to never happen as neither myself nor my friends have any money to go travelling!) In the event that I end up spending the Summer, post-graduation, on an epic job hunt then I shall use this bag for London day trips-there's so many exhibitions that I want to see!!

Now, another reason for my added stress-levels recently was the abundance of photo albums popping up on facebook of all my friends' travels (they had 3 year courses so graduated last year). If I have to be subject to another 'me lounging in my bikini on the beach in Aus' or 'me posing infront of a temple/church/building/other monument showing just how cultural I am' photo I shall definitely have to submit to some self-destructive behaviour and deactivate my facebook account. My envy just will not cope.
On the plus side, there are those wonderful people who go travelling whilst I cannot and bring me back gifts!! Oh how I love thee America. The land of Victoria's Secret and exponentially massive shopping malls. My parents and younger brother just got back from a trip to Miami and my mom sent me this pics of the stuff she picked up for me:

Victoria's Secret pjs and underwear. 'Here comes trouble' indeed.


Gap girls mini boxers. Super cute.


Adidas Originals sneakers. The ones that Whitney Port wears whilst trampolining in the newest ad.
I AM IN LOVE. These super bright, sparkly delights shall be treasured.

1 comment:

  1. Lucky girl, love what your mom picked up for you, especially those cute girls mini boxers!
    Stop by http://memyselfandshoes.blogspot.com
    xxx

    ReplyDelete