Tuesday 6 April 2010

Spring on the High Street

Finding some tulip inspired pieces from the high street was relatively easy once I had decided on a kind of theme. In a search of all the online high street retailers I picked out some of the key items for Spring/Summer which are going to be wardrobe staples: shorts, jogging bottoms, denim and military. Once I had this base sorted I could funk up the look with accessories- key items of footwear, some jewellery and a summer hat perfect the look!

So details, going anti-clockwise from the top left. Straw fedora with bow button from Urban Outfitters (I LIVE in my fedora during the summer-perfect for looking stylish whilst stopping your head from burning!), pure body tank in khaki from Gap (one-stop shop for basics in multiple colour ways), Something Else woven track pant from Urban Outfitters (joggers- TAPERED ONES- are a big hit this season, just team with heels and you're on your way), heart back jersey dress from New Look (very Luella-esque as seen on Alexa Chung in yellow), Peter Jenson big bow dress from Urban Outfitters (avoid at all costs of you are blonde otherwise you WILL look like Barbie and NOT in a good way!), Sailor Onesie (playsuit) from Urban Outfitters, Kurt Geiger Jola clogs, red orchid hair clips+wide gladiator bangle+harem eclectic bangle set all from Accessorize, Kurt Geiger Gypsy sandals, Renewal military shorts from Urban outfitters (absolute MUST HAVE), classic cami in cream from Gap, Vanessa Bruno at the denim crop tapered dungarees (I will single handedly-if I must-be bringing these back into fashion) and last but not least sherbet spray print scarf from Whistles (they also have a beautiful draped dress in the same print)

Looking over this mood board again it really looks like the perfect capsule wardrobe for a long weekend in Holland!!

2 comments:

  1. I need those nude clogs in my wardrobe!

    I got my gold cheetah ring from Asos.com as a gift ;) I graduated from the Illinois Institute of Art in downtown Chicago. What do you plan on getting your masters in?

    ReplyDelete
  2. They have some AMAZING clogs in Zara at the moment but they're website crashed so I couldn't get any photos!
    I graduate from University in 5 weeks so I think I'm going to take a year out from study, do some travelling then move to central London. I've been looking at the Masters in Fashion Journalism at London College of Fashion for a while now, but I'm doing a short course there this summer to make sure it is what I really want to do!
    Cj

    ReplyDelete