Thursday 5 August 2010

The ups, the downs and the in-betweens...

I can't believe it's been over a week since I last blogged! I couldn't even begin to describe how stressful and intense the last week has been. I've finished one job- been organising the arrangements for the next-planned the furniture for one house- rescinded the offer on that house- spent two days flat hunting- signed the contract on a new place and finally begun to pack at last!!
SSOO.....UPDATE.
As of this Saturday I shall be flying the family nest and branching out on my own. I will be living in a lovely 3 bed, ground floor, period conversion in Finsbury park. It's even got a little garden! So await the photos of my new pad!!
On Monday I start a week's course at LCF: Introduction to Fashion Journalism. I'm hoping it shall give me some helpful hints on pitching a story, writing, editing, interviewing etc etc. And after a week of intense study and feedback on my writing perhaps this shall give me the impetus to either dive headfirst into the competitive world of magazine journalism or pursue an alternative course. It's both challenging and quite exciting to be at the start of the career ladder with so many options ahead of you. I feel lucky to be entering the world of business at an age which gives me the opportunity to switch and change my profession before settling. Although I know I want to be doing something creative and something related to fashion I still don't know which specific area I want to work in- production? journalism? illustration? photography? I'm not saying that I'm expertly skilled in these areas but they're aspects of the industry which I'm interested in and would like to investigate.
On Monday the 16th I start the trial period of my job as an assistant stylist! I shall be based in the Old Street area and I'm incredibly excited and nervous. We shall see how it goes...
Once I'm all settled in the new house I plan to renovate the blog- I'm hoping to add some daily style photos of myself and my two housemates along with some tips/reviews of new shops/galleries/restaurants I've found in my new life in London!
So keep checking back for the new Handful of Dust!!
Cj X

No comments:

Post a Comment