Tuesday 10 August 2010

Naughty, naughty, very naughty...

As part of my research for the piece below I did a little google images search for both Alice Dellal and Pixie Geldof to find some pictures to add to my style file. Within the iphoto library of my computer I have several files which get added to on a frequent basis. One file is for inspiring editorial shoots by photographers like Annie Leibovitz and Steven Meisel; one is for photos of enviable cool street style which I hope to imitate and the last is for hair pictures (I change my hair colour and cut so frequently that it is necessary to keep a constantly updated folder of reference images). I somehow stumbled across an old photo shoot by Matt Irwin for Dazed and Confused's March 2009 issue which featured both Dellal and Geldof alongside fellow Brit, Daisy Lowe. The shoot is outrageously styled with dark, seductively gothic make-up and provocative poses. There's a great sense of liberated happiness to the photos which makes them enchanting to look at. The girls make being young and stylish look so vibrantly easy.

No comments:

Post a Comment