Wednesday 28 July 2010

Standing tall (in my flats)

There is nothing more satisfying for the consumer (and more annoying for the shop assistant) than to spend hour upon hour in a store trying on shoes, clothes and jewellery galore, only to leave without buying a thing. In my current doom and gloom financial scenario of all work, low pay and no play I have resorted to trying on endless pairs of high heels in topshop- only to happily throw on my flat glads and saunter out the shop, safe in the knowledge that for once I have NOT burned a huge hole in my purse. At the weekend I popped into my local Topshop in Milton Keynes and proceeded to try on every pair of large wedges they had. I must admit that although part of this routine was to try on shoes I couldn't afford to buy, it was also to try on shoes I know I would never buy anyway because I lack the confidence and ability to wear such enormous platforms. I stand tall at the edge of 6ft on a normal day in flats and I've found that wearing really high heels just makes me feel like an alien and, going by my history, makes pathetic, weak willed shorter men feel emasculated. So, safe in my little world of the Topshop shoe counter I tried on all the shoes I've seen fellow bloggers parade the streets, sidewalks and the odd isolated forest in....

4 comments:

  1. wow love it !
    I have a new blog please leave me a comment, tell me what you think!
    Sarah

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love those tie-around pale pink ones.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Those are the clogs I almost got for my birthday but I was worried I would have broken an ankle cos they are so high!

    ReplyDelete
  4. They have similar clogs with no ankle strap and they are officially KILLER to walk in. You have to waddle like a child in her mums stilettos! It's not a good look!

    ReplyDelete