Thursday 22 July 2010

THE LIST.

In the midst of my mid-week work despair yesterday I had a small glimmer of excitement after a conversation with fellow blogger RedHead. In response to my complaints of boredom about the current content on my blog roll I was helpfully directed to a few new (to me) blogs which, as always happens with the internet, led me to stumble across several other good new sites. Here are the results of my stumblings...

  • thehautepursuit- a wannabe Rumi with interesting glamrock personal style.
  • bleedforfashion- awesome casual cool personal style photos interspersed with witty and comedic musings.
  • wheredidugetthat- bohemian glam personal style of a Londoner in NYC plus some cool photos of life and living in the city.
  • glamcanyon- scott schuman-esque street style photography.
  • hautekhuuture- mostly photo blog documenting the artistic delights of food, architecture, fashion and anything else that is beautiful and creative.
  • stylequotient- beautifully presented street style photography.
  • stylelikeu- photographic and textual fashion journalism.
  • elementsofstyle- absolutely stunning interiors
As I scrolled through the back catalog of Lily's posts for Bleed for Fashion I came across something simple yet inspiring which I had been meaning to do for a while. Lily had found on another blog the idea for writing a sort of goals list. Not so much a to do list but what she called a 'bucket list'- a number of things which you would want to have done or achieved before you die. It sounds morbid but if anything it is motivating and uplifting. I loved that the top thing on Lily's list was 'Have an epic love story'....sigh. Wouldn't that be something great to aim for?
As Lily did, I shall do too. A list of 22 (as I am soon to be turning that grand age) aims for my life:

  1. Have an epic love story.
  2. Learn to speak French.
  3. Live in Paris for at least 6 months.
  4. Go to a couture fashion show.
  5. Run the London Marathon in fancy dress.
  6. Climb a really big mountain.
  7. Rock a pixie cut hairstyle.
  8. Get backstage at a rock concert.
  9. Have an article published in a major publication.
  10. Go on a trek through the Amazon rainforest.
  11. Dip my toes in the sea off the coast of Australia.
  12. Hold a tarantula.
  13. Be my own boss.
  14. Be at my godson's graduation.
  15. Have an apartment in NYC.
  16. Ring in the New Year with my friends in Times Square.
  17. Be Maid of Honor at my best friend's wedding.
  18. Do a sky dive.
  19. Walk the red carpet.
  20. Have my photo taken infront of the Taj Mahal.
  21. Own a first edition copy of Dickens' Great Expectations.
  22. Be at my best friends' 80th birthdays.

1 comment: