Thursday 15 July 2010

Chanel triumphs once more

It appears that the predominant beauty trend for F/W10 is taking its lead from one of the main looks of fall fashion- understated, classic chic. Neutral tones, shades of brown and beige and all their numerous counterparts (taupe, sand, caramel, mushroom...etc etc) are taking centre stage on our eyelids to create a fresh faced natural look which is (as the Vogue beauty report makes clear) not a no-make up look but just one free from distracting pops of bright colour. The focus this coming season is to be all on the clothes and our natural assets (if you have them) like smooth, soft porcelain skin with subtly contoured cheekbones and jawlines.

Once more Chanel is leading the way with a capsule collection of F/W products to see as through till next Spring. With the exception of a gorgeously rich khaki the colours of the eyeshadows, blushers and lipglosses are all variations on existing Chanel products which will no doubt be bestsellers.


But as with the last few seasons of Chanel beauty products what has really caught my eye, and no doubt the eye of every beauty editor in town, is the nailpolishes. If the face is being left natural and neutral then the nails are where we are due to make an impact this coming season. Like the fun Jade and murkily intriguing Particuliere polishes which sold out instantly in previous seasons the new Paradoxe is set to cause quite a stir. It is similar enough to the classic Rouge Noir to be instantly covetable as a flattering colour and yet interesting and different enough to be a desired must have for the fashion conscious.



If I have the money when they come out mid August then I shall endeavour to buy one of everything. But as my current financial situation is pretty desperate (as I discovered when my card got declined on Tuesday and I realised I was in my overdraft- FUCK) I shall just get the khaki eyeshadow and the Paradoxe nailvarnish. I am sure most of us all have some browns and taupes lying in the bottom of a drawer which we can survive on!!

1 comment: