Wednesday 7 July 2010

THE SHOOT.

So I'm back! I have finally returned to a life with some semblance of normalcy. The last week has without a doubt been the longest, most tiring and stressful but equally the most inspiring and educative. I spent Tuesday in the studio (the pre-light and build day) setting up the dressing rooms for the four 'artists' on our commercial shoot. Admittedly the studio we were in wasn't quite up to the high standard these girls were probably used to but I did my best to make them look a little more classy and feminine. The main things were gold picture frames and candlesticks borrowed from the Producer, a range of glassware hired from caravanstyle and vintage vanity cases bought from beyondretro and filled with a range of edible and other goodies!

Wednesday, Thursday and Friday were all spent in the studio (5:30 starts and midnight finishes- aarrrgghhh) shooting the various fashion 'stories', and Monday was spent on location. The first place we shot in has been used as the setting for numerous fashion editorial shoots and music videos (including Pixie Lott's 'Mamma Do')- MC Motors. I couldn't take any pictures of the actual set (we were using the upstairs attic room) but the other rooms (including the bathrooms) were just as amazing and full of an eclectic range of vintage furniture, toys, statues and light fittings:


In the evening we were shooting in central London- if you were walking along the South side of the river then you would have seen us. 

Now the shoot is over I have two weeks off to relax and organise my life before I move into my new house in Hoxton and start my new job as a stylists assistant! I'm going to spend a day in the editing suite next week but the commercial won't be on air until September so both you and I will have to wait a fair while until we can view the finished product! 

For now I just need to catch up on sleep, give myself some much needed beauty treatments (starting with a serious mani-pedi!!) and start researching and buying furniture etc. I'm off to Brighton this weekend and already have a list made of shops to check out- Beyond Retro on Vine street, the jewellery stores down the lanes and a great antiques bookstore just round the corner from Jamie Oliver's restaurant. Bye for now!

No comments:

Post a Comment