Monday 1 November 2010

Inspiration on the Tube

I saw this on the tube earlier today and thought it was beautiful. Short, sharp, emotive and magical.

If a boy must wonder
-Leon Yuchin Lau (1993)


If a boy must wonder,
let him recall
not the lightning grace of falcons,
the dizzying aeronautics, Darwin's finch,
the voyage of ancients
who saw farther, whose charts and sails
and bubbly telescopic minds
brought ashore hope
to lift
a charioting god to the moon
but how
even a rogue dream of stars
once birthed the possibility of flight.


Beautiful.
My rogue dream of stars right now is to live in an apartment over looking Central Park in New York. I dream of being able to go for a run in Autumn as the leaves are slowly falling from the trees and the sun is rising or setting. I dream of walking down the streets of New York and arriving to work with a smile on my face and a diary packed full of things to do. I dream to achieve.

No comments:

Post a Comment