Sunday 20 January 2013

New year, new plans, new words

We love an opportunity for a fresh start. A marker of renewal and rebirth. A definitive starting point to a new project.

Diets always start on a Monday.

So, following in the traditional course of a new year calling for resolutions and statements of goals I begin with this.

Rather than express intentions to shape up and eat better I intend to live this year in the pursuit of creative learning, expression and betterment.

I'm bored, and I'm sure boyfriends, family and friends are bored of pointless whining and complaining about things missing or being inadequate in life. I am, to my detriment or benefit, in a perennial state of ambitious restlessness. I constantly think and voice the question, 'What's next?' It's not that I'm ungrateful or necessarily displeased with my current situation; quite the contrary. There's just a lot that I want to do with my life. I want to experience everything, know everything, do everything and I want to see, know and do it now. It's what drives me.

So, in order to move forward with these ambitions, I have come back to this blog.

I've always wanted to write. I find it therapeutic to get words out of my head and into a physical place, outside of me.

When I started this blog at university I found it a fun outlet to comment on the world around me. As I grew older and moved to London it became more of a helpful tool to discuss topics and events related to my work in fashion. Now, I just want to have a platform to talk about the things that interest me. The creative things. Art, fashion, film, music, food, literature...

I write this, on a snowy Sunday in January, sat in Street Coffee on Goswell Road. Glowing words emanate from above the counter in fluorescent tubing: 'my heart is yours, do you want it?'

These are my words. Think of them what you will.

No comments:

Post a Comment